Hey everyone!! I am not sure if you are also experiencing any trouble on blogger. I think I may have fixed the problem.
If my posts look all run together when you view my blog, please let me know.
Thursday, April 26, 2012
So as this award is a way for you to get to know me I will now share seven random things about myself.
1. I love fashion and have since I was a little girl playing with movie star paper dolls at my grandma's house.(Uh oh! Did I just give away my age?!) I was obsessed with all those wonderful glam gowns and my favorite paper doll was Marilyn Monroe. I still admire her.
2. I live pretty simply in a craftsman style house built in 1927. I love old homes!! I feel very blessed to live here. She still needs lots of work, but hubby and I have lots of fun plans for her. We are not afraid of color and our living room is a bright yellow gold.
3. I love to read cozy mysteries, novels, and anything fashion related. I would some day like to write my own fashion mystery just for fun!
4. I am completely obsessed with asian stuff...all of it!! I listen to Japanese pop music (Ayumi Hamasaki and TMRevolution are two of my favorites) and read anything by manga artist Ai Yazawa. My dream vacation would be to explore Japan with my best friend...my husband.
5. My career goal is to own my own fashion consulting business. It is such a joy when I help someone else feel and look beautiful.
6. I am very girly, but I am sure you already guessed this. I like most all things girly...clothes, nail polish, jewelry, purses...well, ALL of it.
7. Vintage fashions fascinate me! But my personal favorite era is the 1940s. I believe this era helped women become more independent. WE CAN DO IT still holds true for me.
Here is a list of blogs that I enjoy. I hope to get to know their owners better over the year.
Sunday, April 22, 2012
I bought this really cute bag not so long ago in a yellow gold color. It wasn't an expensive. bag by any means but I invested a lot of time searching for what I wanted out of a new bag. I carried it with pride when I went on vacation this February. What I hadn't realized was that wearing dark leather with a light colored faux leather was a mistake. Yikes! I remembered reading somewhere that you could remove dirt and scuff marks from your white leather sneakers using baby wipes. Hmmmm....So I went to the dollar store and bought some. Today I gave it a try and it took off most of the dark marks. Thankfully the ones that I couldn't remove are worn against my person. Learn from my mistake ladies. And if you should find yourself in the same predicament, try my trick.
Monday, April 16, 2012
As you can tell by the title of this post, this is where I am going to brag about a family member...My mom, Jean Wise, is the newest knitwear designer for Kraemer Yarns. She has been crafting everything and I do mean everything!! Growing up I watched her try her hand at counted cross stitch, painting, all forms of lace making, crochet & knitting, etc. She has wanted to start designing her own patterns for a while now and she finally has the chance to do just that as well as teach her designs. So exciting!! Her first design, Midnight Splendor, is a pretty little knitted handbag made from Kraemer's Sterling yarn. The content of Sterling is a mix of superwash merino, silk, nylon & silver. It is worked in the Tuxedo color, a black yarn shot with silver. Visit Kraemer Yarns at www.kraemeryarns.com to see her design.
I recently spent some time doing a little vintage shopping and made some OUTSTANDING purchases at a new flea market called Market410 located at 1212 Curtain Avenue in downtown Baltimore. The former Woodward's store is now located here and because they have such wonderful prices already I took my chances to find them on the second floor of the building. The entire second floor is chock full of vintage finds, from clothing and accessories to books and furniture!! If you can dream it up, it is probably in their inventory. What I found amoung all the vintage clothes was a box full of gloves...and I do mean FULL. Being the curious type I found myself searching for matching sets. I found all types of gloves...leather, crocheted, lace, sheer, opera length, shorties & more. Oh what to choose?! I picked out 9 pairs of gloves to add to my treasures. ALL wearable ladies!! And two vintage handbags I had my eyes on all for a mere $20. Now I don't know what prices you are paying for vintage in your area, but here in Baltimore that's called a BARGAIN! I would highly recommend this flea market. I give them a 5 STAR rating.
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Headbands in all shapes and sizes are adorning everyone from Hollywood starlets and runway models to your's truely this spring. But what's the best way to wear this trend? Apparently wearing your headband forward a bit is the chicest way to adorn your locks. But don't take my word for it. Check out some of these photos for yourself and give the headband a try for Spring.
- ▼ Apr (8)